August 21, 2019
We all want that J-Lo glow — perfectly hydrated skin that looks lit from within. Here’s a basic list of things to consider to help get your glow on and keep it going all year long.
Top 10 Glow-Boosters.
- Get your 8 hours. Sleep is an absolute necessity. Without it, you’ll look tired, skin will be flat and pores, larger. Seriously, a good night sleep will take a few years off your face.
- Drink Up. Water. Green Tea. Repeat. Skin that’s dehydrated will look saggy, dull and lax. Think hydrated, grape — dehydrated, raisin. You want your skin to look like a grape. Not a raisin. If you’re getting your water, you may want to add in green tea as it contains powerful antioxidants that help restore skin from the inside out.
- Exfoliate. Getting rid of dead skin cells is essential to the glow. For your body, a scrub will do the trick, but for your face your options are more varied including vitamin C serums.
- Moisturize. This is a given. Any moisturizers that contain natural ingredients, fruit extracts and oil butters like coconut, avocado and shea nourish and repair as well as hydrate.
- Minimize stress. Stress not only makes you sick, it robs you of your shine. Learn to let go of things you can’t control. Meditation, yoga, mindfulness are all practices that help you learn to live in the moment and reduce stress.
- Move it. Exercise of any kind will get your heart pumping and blood flowing which helps circulation and in turn, brightens up your skin. Take a brisk walk. Jump in place for a few minutes. Dance. Do something that moves your body and makes you happy.
- Dry brush from your toes to your nose. Get your hands on a natural sisal brush and use it every morning to help detox and brush away dry skin cells. Small circular motions brushing up toward the heart are recommended.
- Get a Humidifier. Humidifiers are key to keeping skin protected from arid conditions. Put one in your room and sleep with it on particularly if you live in a dry, cold climate.
- Feed your skin. We all know beauty comes from within so nourish your body and your skin will reap the benefits. The basics include filling your plate with whole foods like fruits and veggies, food with natural oils like avocado and nuts, avoid sugar and take a probiotic for gut balance. What’s happening in your gut can usually be seen on your face so keep it clean and balanced and your skin will look the same.
- Love Yourself. When you give yourself grace, feel love and think positively about the present moment, it shows in your face. Living with openness, self-acceptance and gratitude all contribute to a shine that no product or routine is capable of giving you. Shine on, girl.