Does your hair feel dull and dry? The cooler weather, indoor heat and lack of moisture in the air are all reasons why hair can feel more brittle in the fall and winter. To ramp up your hair’s moisture content and reclaim your bounce and shine, try shampoos and conditioners that are full of botanical extracts to deliver thirst-quenching, shine-enhancing hair nutrition.
Raw Sugar’s The Moisture Smoothie Shampoo is like a smoothie for dehydrated hair with Cold Pressed Coconut + Agave + Sweet Almond Milk delivering the super hydrating nutrients and velvety soft feel your hair needs now.
The Bounce Back Shampoo and Conditioner are infused with shine-enhancing Cold Pressed carrot oil plus Certified Organic mango butter and agave to give weightless bounce and soft, body.
Feed your hair and see how a little love can go a long way to delivering your best looking, most hydrated hair yet.
Do you know what’s lurking in your loofah? The scary truth is that if you have a natural loofah and it’s been awhile since you’ve replaced it, there are likely loads of bacteria and possibly even some mold hiding in there. Especially scary if you’re using it after you shave when there may be small cuts and pores are more open.
Experts agree that you should replace your natural loofah roughly every 3-4 weeks. If you want to try and extend that time, there are a few things you can do. First, don’t leave it in a wet, moist environment. Instead, dry it between uses in a less humid area like an open window. You can also disinfect natural loofahs by soaking them in bleach once a week.
The plastic loofah’s can be used for up to two months, but keep an eye out for signs of mold and toss it if you get a wiff of any musty or mildewy odor.
Charcoal and Bamboo don’t sound like the typical beauty product ingredients — even for men. But when you get down to it, research is showing these ingredients are supercharged self-care enhancers and have recently shown up in everything from body washes to $100+ face creams.
- Charcoal is the ultimate deep cleanser. Charcoal penetrates the skin pulling out congestion that can cause enlarged pores, redness and contribute to dull, uneven skin tone. It’s extremely effective at purifying the skin.
- Charcoal is major detoxifier. Toxins actually bind to Charcoal drawing out bacteria, poisons, chemicals and other micro particles to the surface thus detoxifying skin, leaving you with a flawless complexion.
- Bamboo is rich in natural silica, an ingredient that can help give your skin a radiant glow. Silica also aids in the production of collagen which firms your skin, giving it a more youthful bounce.
- Bamboo extract also acts as a powerful antioxidant, which in turn helps keep your skin safe from damaging free radicals.
- Bamboo extract is hydrating and has an anti-bacterial properties giving it the ability to heal skin.
Want to give it a try? Our Raw Men Body Wash in Charcoal + Bamboo is detoxifying, deep cleansing and hydrating, made with plant-derived ingredients including Charcoal and Bamboo extracts. Find it here.
Say Bye-Bye to Chapped Lips
The air gets dry and suddenly you’re biting and licking your peeling, cracked lips. Why are lips so much more vulnerable to the dry weather? For one, skin on the lips is much thinner than the rest of our skin. But the biggie, is that lips lack oil glands so they actually can’t produce their own moisture.
So how do you keep lips soft and supple without natural oils? Hello, lip-loving Lip Balms. Natural Lip Balms full of essential oils can repair, hydrate and lock in moisture which is key to keeping lips soft, supple and protected.
Raw Sugar has five delicious flavors of natural Lip Balms. They’re 95% Organic and are full of ingredients like Cold Pressed fruit extracts, Macadamia Nut and Shea Butters, plus Vitamin E. The nutritive formulas add moisture and lift spirits with the bright, fresh flavors; Lemon Sugar, Raw Coconut + Mango, Pineapple + Maqui Berry, Watermelon + Fresh Mint and Almond Milk + Agave.
Say bye-bye to chapped lips now and forever. A little Raw Sugar Lip Balm love is all you need.
Lets face it. Confidence is sexy. We admire people that have it and we all want more of it. We’re talking about the kind of confidence that is self-assured, self-aware, unintimidated, doesn’t try to impress and lives without fear and negative talk. So how do we get more of it? How do you cultivate confidence and inner strength?
Understand that no-one is perfect. Even people that you think are perfect are not. Everyone struggles with something. Start seeing yourself as equal to others and not less than. It is what you do with what you have everyday that makes you who you are.
Gain knowledge or get good at something.
Challenging yourself by learning something new or committing to knowing more about a particular subject, or doing one thing really well. Becoming good at something makes you interesting and being interesting boosts confidence.
Silence your inner critic. The first step toward self confidence is self love. This is huge because it’s something most people don’t even realize they’re doing. Even positive thinkers can walk around criticizing themselves all day long and it’s one of the most destructive barriers to self confidence.
Pay attention to the thoughts you’re having. Just observe and listen to yourself. Then question every thought. Is that true or is that a habitual reaction — then, reject the negative self talk. Truly reject it by saying I reject that thought — “I’m not stupid, I just wasn’t paying attention.” Or “I’m not a loser, but I am overcommitting and neglecting to pay attention.” Or “I’m not fat, I have strong arms to carry my babies and legs that I can use everyday to take me places.“ Replacing negative talk with positive thoughts or solutions is key.
Move. When we are stagnant and unmoving, we don’t get the body confidence that comes from being strong and capable. This doesn’t mean you have to run a marathon or become a body builder — just move. Whether its walking, dancing, running, yoga, stretching, taking the stairs, becoming stronger and allowing your body to perform increases confidence.
Affirm yourself. Affirmations are positive and uplifting statements that we say to ourselves. We tend to believe what we tell ourselves constantly, whether positive or negative. Make sure you’re affirming yourself and envisioning the confident person you want to become.
Care for yourself. This quote says it all; “Self-care is never a selfish act — it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” — Parker Palmer
Self-confidence depends on a combination of good physical care, emotional health and social fulfillment. It is hard to feel good about yourself if you are not taking care of yourself. Make time to shower, spend an extra few minutes lovingly massaging a rich, beautiful smelling lotion in to your body, try new products that nurture you and uplift you, get sleep, dress in something you’re proud of and build your self-confidence by making the effort to look after your own needs.
Lastly, set yourself up to win. Make small goals and keep track of your wins. Your confidence will begin to creep in every day you are aware of what is derailing your confidence and every day you do something good for yourself or someone else. You got this!
We’ve waved goodbye to the good vibes of summer so your skin may start to feel a little drier and maybe even itchy and irritated. Skin reacts to the environment so as fall arrives, we need to look at our skincare routine and make adjustments now to keep skin and hair soft, supple and protected in the cooler, drier weather ahead. Here are a few fall beauty hacks that may help.
Consider a thicker moisturizer. You need to pick the right products for the right time and weather. Light hydration may be perfect for sweat-prone summer skin, but when fall arrives, a more luxurious body butter may be exactly what you need to hydrate, deeply nourish and form a layer of protection against dry air.
Exfoliate, but do it gently. You want to keep up an exfoliation regime in fall but using a product full of hydrating essential oils is key to reducing irritation. The Raw Sugar Sugar Scrubs are full of Cold Pressed enzyme-rich fruit oils that gently exfoliate but leave a soft protective moisture veil so skin is left glowing and revived rather than exfoliated and dry.
Add Vitamin C products to your routine. Vitamin C not only helps protect skin from free radicals, it evens out skin pigmentation, which helps to boost collagen production resulting in a brighter, happier skin.
Add a weekly hair masque. Hair gets just as dry as skin in autumn and winter months so adding a restorative hair masque once a week will help repair damage that dry weather does to keep your hair soft, shiny, bouncy and beautiful.
Buy a humidifier. Especially if you’re running a heater in the house or office, a humidifier will help keep skin from drying out while you work or sleep. Basically, the more moisture in the air, the more moisture in your skin.
Now that pumpkin-spice-everything season is here, it’s time to think about transitioning your skin from summer maintenance to fall care.
The change in weather can have drastic effects on your skin, with the main culprit being the drier, cooler air. The most important thing you can do now is start an exfoliation regime. And we mean exfoliate everything — body, lips, face, toes. If you keep up with exfoliation, you have a better shot at keeping the dry, dead skin from appearing that causes instant dullness. And we know you’re not dull. In fact, you were meant to shine.
Dry brushing is a technique you should take part in every morning if possible. It has amazing detox health benefits as well as helping to slough off dry, dead skin cells. But be gentle. Extra bonus points if you do it while thinking loving, kind thoughts to yourself.
In the shower be sure to use one of our gentle Sugar Scrubs to hydrate, nourish, exfoliate and leave skin with a supple, smooth, silky feel.
In dryer months, our body butter is pure bliss for your skin. It’s rich, luxurious texture sinks in to the skin beautifully, leaving dry, thirsty skin quenched and you feeling extra pampered.
For hair care, add our Healing Power Hair Masque to your routine for some extra hydration and protection against that crisp fall air that can leave hair feeling dry and lifeless.
Lips show signs of seasons change almost instantly so keep our natural Lip Balm in your purse, your car and your bath area so wherever you are you can swipe on the healing, hydrating and protective benefits of our 95% organic formulas.
Your Fall just got more beautiful with a little extra Raw Lovin and thoughtful care.
Summer is gone and you’re glowing, tan is waving goodbye as well.
If you’re thinking of self-tanning to keep your summer shine through the fall and winter months, we’ve got your secret weapon to make whatever tanner you use the slide on smoothly and evenly.
The key to any good self-tan is exfoliation! Our gentle Sugar Scrub is just the ticket to help you smooth rough patches and give you a soft, silky, supple base for your self-tanner.
Shave the day before you self tan, otherwise, self-tanner can get locked into hair follicles. Then use our gentle Sugar Scrub in your favorite fresh scent from toes to neck paying special attention to the rougher skin patches like the tops of your toes, knees, ankles, and elbows.
Use it regularly and your skin will feel soft, smooth, hydrated and prepped for your just back from the Bahamas glow. Happy tanning!
We all want that J-Lo glow — perfectly hydrated skin that looks lit from within. Here’s a basic list of things to consider to help get your glow on and keep it going all year long.
Top 10 Glow-Boosters.
- Get your 8 hours. Sleep is an absolute necessity. Without it, you’ll look tired, skin will be flat and pores, larger. Seriously, a good night sleep will take a few years off your face.
- Drink Up. Water. Green Tea. Repeat. Skin that’s dehydrated will look saggy, dull and lax. Think hydrated, grape — dehydrated, raisin. You want your skin to look like a grape. Not a raisin. If you’re getting your water, you may want to add in green tea as it contains powerful antioxidants that help restore skin from the inside out.
- Exfoliate. Getting rid of dead skin cells is essential to the glow. For your body, a scrub will do the trick, but for your face your options are more varied including vitamin C serums.
- Moisturize. This is a given. Any moisturizers that contain natural ingredients, fruit extracts and oil butters like coconut, avocado and shea nourish and repair as well as hydrate.
- Minimize stress. Stress not only makes you sick, it robs you of your shine. Learn to let go of things you can’t control. Meditation, yoga, mindfulness are all practices that help you learn to live in the moment and reduce stress.
- Move it. Exercise of any kind will get your heart pumping and blood flowing which helps circulation and in turn, brightens up your skin. Take a brisk walk. Jump in place for a few minutes. Dance. Do something that moves your body and makes you happy.
- Dry brush from your toes to your nose. Get your hands on a natural sisal brush and use it every morning to help detox and brush away dry skin cells. Small circular motions brushing up toward the heart are recommended.
- Get a Humidifier. Humidifiers are key to keeping skin protected from arid conditions. Put one in your room and sleep with it on particularly if you live in a dry, cold climate.
- Feed your skin. We all know beauty comes from within so nourish your body and your skin will reap the benefits. The basics include filling your plate with whole foods like fruits and veggies, food with natural oils like avocado and nuts, avoid sugar and take a probiotic for gut balance. What’s happening in your gut can usually be seen on your face so keep it clean and balanced and your skin will look the same.
- Love Yourself. When you give yourself grace, feel love and think positively about the present moment, it shows in your face. Living with openness, self-acceptance and gratitude all contribute to a shine that no product or routine is capable of giving you. Shine on, girl.