Making a decision to add yoga to your morning routine may seem counterintuitive if you’re a busy person, but it actually adds time to your day by helping you become more focused and present. In fact, the way you start your morning has a huge impact on your mood, productivity and happiness for the entire day.
Substitute a few minutes of yoga for checking email or social media and you’ll no doubt see positive changes in all areas of your life. The benefits are far reaching both physically and mentally.
- Improved Focus + Mental Clarity. Yoga helps you learn to bring your breath under control and teaches stillness in the mind which allows you to learn a deeper level of focus that benefits concentration and both task and time management.
- Energy Boost. After starting your day with a yoga session, you may even find yourself foregoing your cappuccino habit. Moving your body means you’re oxygenating cells and when that happens, your whole body reinvigorates.
- Reduces Stress + Anxiety Levels. With more oxygen pumping and a more focused mind, you’ll automatically feel more relaxed. Yoga breathing also helps calm nerves and release blocked and anxious energy in your body. The mindful approach to yoga also helps you become less reactive in general.
- Increased Strength + Flexibility. Yoga lengthens and stretches our tight bodies, and when done in the morning, prepares you to move throughout the day, helping to prevent injury and stiffness. It increases spinal flexibility, promotes better posture and uses our own body weight to increase muscle tone which also helps boost metabolism.
- Helps Sleep Rhythm & Balance Hormones
The attention to breathing and meditation has a positive effect on the endocrine system, which is responsible for long-term body maintenance. The endocrine system uses glands and hormones, to help keep you balanced. Certain yoga poses stimulate the pineal gland which excretes melatonin that regulates sleep patterns.
From mood to muscle tone, there are so many reasons to become a morning person and a yogi! Namaste!
We all want that J-Lo glow — perfectly hydrated skin that looks lit from within. Here’s a basic list of things to consider to help get your glow on and keep it going all year long.
Top 10 Glow-Boosters.
- Get your 8 hours. Sleep is an absolute necessity. Without it, you’ll look tired, skin will be flat and pores, larger. Seriously, a good night sleep will take a few years off your face.
- Drink Up. Water. Green Tea. Repeat. Skin that’s dehydrated will look saggy, dull and lax. Think hydrated, grape — dehydrated, raisin. You want your skin to look like a grape. Not a raisin. If you’re getting your water, you may want to add in green tea as it contains powerful antioxidants that help restore skin from the inside out.
- Exfoliate. Getting rid of dead skin cells is essential to the glow. For your body, a scrub will do the trick, but for your face your options are more varied including vitamin C serums.
- Moisturize. This is a given. Any moisturizers that contain natural ingredients, fruit extracts and oil butters like coconut, avocado and shea nourish and repair as well as hydrate.
- Minimize stress. Stress not only makes you sick, it robs you of your shine. Learn to let go of things you can’t control. Meditation, yoga, mindfulness are all practices that help you learn to live in the moment and reduce stress.
- Move it. Exercise of any kind will get your heart pumping and blood flowing which helps circulation and in turn, brightens up your skin. Take a brisk walk. Jump in place for a few minutes. Dance. Do something that moves your body and makes you happy.
- Dry brush from your toes to your nose. Get your hands on a natural sisal brush and use it every morning to help detox and brush away dry skin cells. Small circular motions brushing up toward the heart are recommended.
- Get a Humidifier. Humidifiers are key to keeping skin protected from arid conditions. Put one in your room and sleep with it on particularly if you live in a dry, cold climate.
- Feed your skin. We all know beauty comes from within so nourish your body and your skin will reap the benefits. The basics include filling your plate with whole foods like fruits and veggies, food with natural oils like avocado and nuts, avoid sugar and take a probiotic for gut balance. What’s happening in your gut can usually be seen on your face so keep it clean and balanced and your skin will look the same.
- Love Yourself. When you give yourself grace, feel love and think positively about the present moment, it shows in your face. Living with openness, self-acceptance and gratitude all contribute to a shine that no product or routine is capable of giving you. Shine on, girl.
It’s such an exciting time when you find out you’ve got a little one coming soon. Whether it’s your first child or your 3rd, it’s important to understand what ingredients are in your beauty products to keep your baby safe.
We are passionate about living a clean and healthy lifestyle and we want the same for you Sugar moms! Here are 5 top cosmetic and skin care ingredients that you need to avoid throughout your pregnancy!
#1 – Toluene
Toluene is an ingredient that is commonly found in nail polish. This doesn’t mean you can’t get your nails done, it just means you need to be mindful of how harmful these toxins are during your pregnancy. So be sure to look for nail polishes that are toluene, phthalate and formaldehyde free.
#2 – Dihydroxyacetone
Who doesn’t want to look like a bronzed goddess? We all do, but some ingredients in self-tanners especially the spray kind can be really unhealthy when inhaled.
You will find dihydroxyacetone listed as “DHA” on most labels. It’s best to avoid the self-tanner all together and embrace your natural skin colour while pregnant.
#3 – Ammonia
Ammonia is most commonly found in hair dyes & is incredibly harmful to the lungs and can make your skin irritable. Choose an ammonia-free hair dye for touch ups but, it’s best to just steer clear of any hair dyes during your pregnancy.
#4 – Benzoyl Peroxide
You’re growing a beautiful baby inside, so your body is going through hormonal changes. During pregnancy, it’s normal to develop hormonal acne. Benzoyl peroxide is a power acne remedy but it’s way too powerful for the baby and it’s
usually found in over the counter acne treatments. Avoid this and speak to your ob/gyn or dermatologist for the safest and best way of treating your hormonal acne.
#5 – BPA
BPA is an ingredient that is NOT found in any skincare or cosmetics, but it is found in plastic, which you most likely use. BPA can unsettle the endocrine system and potentially lead to serious health issues.
Rest assured, every Raw Sugar Living products have everything you love and nothing you don’t want!
We strive on producing Hair Care, Personal care, Lip care and Bath & Body Care products that are unfiltered and whole! No junk or harmful chemicals are added to our products, so you won’t find any of these harmful ingredients in Raw Sugar products
Always consult with a healthcare professional to determine the type of products that are safe for you during your pregnancy.
Spring is almost upon us, and along with the flowers, pollen and sunshine – this season means it’s time to do all the cleaning we’ve been putting off for the past three seasons.
And while that’s not exactly exciting, the feeling of accomplishment you get after a good spring clean are priceless.
The first place to start your spring clean is the bathroom. Why? Because it’s probably full of stuff you don’t really need anymore.
To give you a hand, we’ve rounded up a few easy ways to clean out your bathroom in less than an hour. Yep, you read that right. Your bathroom will be looking fresh in less than the time it takes you to watch a movie.
Keep the must-haves, but refresh where needed
We all need cleaning tools – they’re essential for the health and hygiene of our bathrooms. Keep the essentials you use that are still in good shape, and get rid of anything that’s seen better days in favor of a new item. Trust us, the small investment will be totally worth it.
Say sayonara to the harsh chemicals
Did you know there are so many effective cleaning ingredients hiding in your pantry right now? Instead of inhaling harsh chemicals like bleach, why not use lemon, vinegar or bicarb soda to clean your bathroom? It’s an easy way to free up space (where bottles of chemicals would once go) and ensure your home is a haven of health.
All those empty bottles on the shower floor? They’ve got to go. The ones on the windowsill too. And even in they’re not empty, if you haven’t used a shampoo, face wash, or body wash in a few months – it’s probably time to let it go.
Clear out any unnecessary decor
An empty diffuser. A dust-coated candle. An artificial plant. Bathrooms are a retreat – a place to go to refresh and rejuvenate, so they shouldn’t be filled with anything that can’t be used. Move, or give away, any decor that doesn’t serve a purpose other than collecting dust. It’ll make the space feel lighter, and make cleaning a lot easier.
Organize, organize, organize
Give everything in your bathroom a home. Use a cabinet organizer to store beauty products and cleaning products, and use a caddy in the shower for your shampoos, treatments, and body washes. Keep the cabinets looking tidy, and if you keep towels in the bathroom – place them somewhere they’ll be easy to reach.
Get down and dirty
Finally, it’s wipe-down time. Using your natural cleaning products, a sponge, cloth and cleaning brush, get into all those hard-to-reach places and give the entire room a thorough clean. If you work from the back of the bathrooms forward, you can do this strategically and quickly – it won’t take you more than 20 minutes to have the whole place sparkling.
Many people associate plant-based beauty products with being tough on the bank account – but we’re here to bust that outdated old myth.
The truth is, using healthy, nature-derived products that are good for you doesn’t have to cost a pretty penny. In fact, with nothing over $15, Raw Sugar’s range of nutrient-packed, ColdPressed skin, beauty and hair care products shows that you can have your cake and eat it too.
We want everyone to feel good in the skin they’re in, all our products are made to be accessible – we want the sweet feeling of pure self-love beauty products to reach as many people as possible.
If you haven’t experienced the #rawlovin effect of our products, here’s an easy guide to the natural beauty products your wallet will love.
Let’s get personal. Our line of plant-based Body and Hand Washes not only cleanse your skin, they nourish it too. Just like all our products, our personal care ingredients are processed through ColdPress Technology® – which basically means we squeeze the maximum amount of fruit and vegetable extracts we can, out and feed them straight into your skin.
To start your Raw Sugar routine, choose the body and hand wash that best suits you. Our Heritage line has our fan favorite that many love, the ‘Moisture Loving’ line is designed to hydrate drier complexions, and the ‘Sensitive Skin’ line uses gentle, soothing ingredients perfect for delicate skin. The best part? There are a variety of incredible scents to choose form.
For those who enjoy a massage while they bathe, our Bar Soaps have nifty little nubs that gently massage the skin for a spa-like experience every time.
Once you picked your base, it’s time to move on to beauty. First off, choose a Body Lotion that best matches your skin type. Just like our personal care products, they’re designed to suit unique needs. What they have in common? They’re crafted with care to gently spoon-feed your skin a ton of natural skin superfoods – leaving it well hydrated and moisturized.
If your skin gets a little dry or flaky, especially in the winter, pick up a Body Scrub and Body Butter. The scrubs will exfoliate your skin and rid it of any dead skin cells, perfectly prepping it for a moisture-rich, ultra-nourishing body butter.
Bath Fizzers and Foaming Bath Washes are there to pamper you when you need to unwind at the end of the day – easing your body mind with a healthy, vitamin-rich soak.
Once you’ve got your personal and beauty products, you’re ready to graduate to hair.
Our vegan, sulfate and paraben-free hair care products are a healthier new way to keep your hair looking fierce and flip-worthy. For dehydrated locks, pick the Moisture Smoothie Shampoo and Conditioner – they deliver thirst-quenching ingredients directly to your hair. Strands that could use a little extra oomph will love the Bounce Back regimen – made to revive and shine with weightless moisture. Have curly hair that can’t be tamed? The Truly Unruly set was made for you! They deeply condition and hydrate, smoothing out frizz but keeping your hair’s unique character in tact.
Make sure you also pick up one of our Hair Masques and use it at least once a week for extra nourishment that’ll give you shinier, stronger, visibly healthier hair.
Lips need lovin’ too! Our 100% natural Lip Scrubs exfoliate and condition dry, chapped lips for a perfectly soft pout. Keep them well-hydrated with a nourishing Lip Balm – protecting your lips from harsh weather conditions and locking in moisture for delicious, kiss-ready lips.
Find Raw Sugar at your nearest Target or Walgreens and enjoy a beauty routine that really works.
There’s a reason everyone talks about our body lotions.
Actually, there are five of them.
Our body lotions are your skin’s best friend and biggest cheerleader – from head to toe. They work so hard, do so much, and smell so good! At least that’s what the instagram comments and product reviews tell us.
The Only 5 Products you Need to Glow on Valentine’s Day
It’s February, and Valentine’s Day is on everyone’s radar.
It’s the one day a year that’s completely dedicated to showing love – be that to ourselves, or to an SO.
It’s Valentine’s Day season, and love is the word on everyone’s lips.
We’re big believers in the notion that love should be observed in all forms. It doesn’t matter if you’re single, fresh off the market, or completely spoken for – the kind of love we can all celebrate and nurture this Valentine’s season, is with the person we spend most of our time with: ourselves.
Picture this: you’re strolling the aisles at Target, picking up more than you probably should and putting it into your basket, when you hit the personal care section. You know you need a new body wash, but the shelves are full – there’s just so many choices, and you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by all the options.