Pineapple is serving up big beauty benefits and has quickly become the go-to for skin brightening and generally perking up tired, dull skin. Not only does it add a gorgeous, tropical scent, but it’s full of a powerful enzyme called bromelain, which helps break down and sweep away dead skin cells.
Aside from the skin brightening and gently exfoliating bromelain, pineapple is rich in vitamin C and E… two vitamins that really pep up your skin tone. They help brighten and even out skin tone while the antioxidants help heal and protect from UV damage and premature aging. It also contains a healthy dose of vitamin A that reduces the risk of inflammation and is a known anti-bacterial.
Drink in all the delicious benefits of Pineapple and get on your way to transforming your skin with a brighter, more beautiful glow.
Charcoal and Bamboo don’t sound like the typical beauty product ingredients — even for men. But when you get down to it, research is showing these ingredients are supercharged self-care enhancers and have recently shown up in everything from body washes to $100+ face creams.
- Charcoal is the ultimate deep cleanser. Charcoal penetrates the skin pulling out congestion that can cause enlarged pores, redness and contribute to dull, uneven skin tone. It’s extremely effective at purifying the skin.
- Charcoal is major detoxifier. Toxins actually bind to Charcoal drawing out bacteria, poisons, chemicals and other micro particles to the surface thus detoxifying skin, leaving you with a flawless complexion.
- Bamboo is rich in natural silica, an ingredient that can help give your skin a radiant glow. Silica also aids in the production of collagen which firms your skin, giving it a more youthful bounce.
- Bamboo extract also acts as a powerful antioxidant, which in turn helps keep your skin safe from damaging free radicals.
- Bamboo extract is hydrating and has an anti-bacterial properties giving it the ability to heal skin.
Want to give it a try? Our Raw Men Body Wash in Charcoal + Bamboo is detoxifying, deep cleansing and hydrating, made with plant-derived ingredients including Charcoal and Bamboo extracts. Find it here.
We’ve waved goodbye to the good vibes of summer so your skin may start to feel a little drier and maybe even itchy and irritated. Skin reacts to the environment so as fall arrives, we need to look at our skincare routine and make adjustments now to keep skin and hair soft, supple and protected in the cooler, drier weather ahead. Here are a few fall beauty hacks that may help.
Consider a thicker moisturizer. You need to pick the right products for the right time and weather. Light hydration may be perfect for sweat-prone summer skin, but when fall arrives, a more luxurious body butter may be exactly what you need to hydrate, deeply nourish and form a layer of protection against dry air.
Exfoliate, but do it gently. You want to keep up an exfoliation regime in fall but using a product full of hydrating essential oils is key to reducing irritation. The Raw Sugar Sugar Scrubs are full of Cold Pressed enzyme-rich fruit oils that gently exfoliate but leave a soft protective moisture veil so skin is left glowing and revived rather than exfoliated and dry.
Add Vitamin C products to your routine. Vitamin C not only helps protect skin from free radicals, it evens out skin pigmentation, which helps to boost collagen production resulting in a brighter, happier skin.
Add a weekly hair masque. Hair gets just as dry as skin in autumn and winter months so adding a restorative hair masque once a week will help repair damage that dry weather does to keep your hair soft, shiny, bouncy and beautiful.
Buy a humidifier. Especially if you’re running a heater in the house or office, a humidifier will help keep skin from drying out while you work or sleep. Basically, the more moisture in the air, the more moisture in your skin.
Now that pumpkin-spice-everything season is here, it’s time to think about transitioning your skin from summer maintenance to fall care.
The change in weather can have drastic effects on your skin, with the main culprit being the drier, cooler air. The most important thing you can do now is start an exfoliation regime. And we mean exfoliate everything — body, lips, face, toes. If you keep up with exfoliation, you have a better shot at keeping the dry, dead skin from appearing that causes instant dullness. And we know you’re not dull. In fact, you were meant to shine.
Dry brushing is a technique you should take part in every morning if possible. It has amazing detox health benefits as well as helping to slough off dry, dead skin cells. But be gentle. Extra bonus points if you do it while thinking loving, kind thoughts to yourself.
In the shower be sure to use one of our gentle Sugar Scrubs to hydrate, nourish, exfoliate and leave skin with a supple, smooth, silky feel.
In dryer months, our body butter is pure bliss for your skin. It’s rich, luxurious texture sinks in to the skin beautifully, leaving dry, thirsty skin quenched and you feeling extra pampered.
For hair care, add our Healing Power Hair Masque to your routine for some extra hydration and protection against that crisp fall air that can leave hair feeling dry and lifeless.
Lips show signs of seasons change almost instantly so keep our natural Lip Balm in your purse, your car and your bath area so wherever you are you can swipe on the healing, hydrating and protective benefits of our 95% organic formulas.
Your Fall just got more beautiful with a little extra Raw Lovin and thoughtful care.
Summer is gone and you’re glowing, tan is waving goodbye as well.
If you’re thinking of self-tanning to keep your summer shine through the fall and winter months, we’ve got your secret weapon to make whatever tanner you use the slide on smoothly and evenly.
The key to any good self-tan is exfoliation! Our gentle Sugar Scrub is just the ticket to help you smooth rough patches and give you a soft, silky, supple base for your self-tanner.
Shave the day before you self tan, otherwise, self-tanner can get locked into hair follicles. Then use our gentle Sugar Scrub in your favorite fresh scent from toes to neck paying special attention to the rougher skin patches like the tops of your toes, knees, ankles, and elbows.
Use it regularly and your skin will feel soft, smooth, hydrated and prepped for your just back from the Bahamas glow. Happy tanning!
We all want that J-Lo glow — perfectly hydrated skin that looks lit from within. Here’s a basic list of things to consider to help get your glow on and keep it going all year long.
Top 10 Glow-Boosters.
- Get your 8 hours. Sleep is an absolute necessity. Without it, you’ll look tired, skin will be flat and pores, larger. Seriously, a good night sleep will take a few years off your face.
- Drink Up. Water. Green Tea. Repeat. Skin that’s dehydrated will look saggy, dull and lax. Think hydrated, grape — dehydrated, raisin. You want your skin to look like a grape. Not a raisin. If you’re getting your water, you may want to add in green tea as it contains powerful antioxidants that help restore skin from the inside out.
- Exfoliate. Getting rid of dead skin cells is essential to the glow. For your body, a scrub will do the trick, but for your face your options are more varied including vitamin C serums.
- Moisturize. This is a given. Any moisturizers that contain natural ingredients, fruit extracts and oil butters like coconut, avocado and shea nourish and repair as well as hydrate.
- Minimize stress. Stress not only makes you sick, it robs you of your shine. Learn to let go of things you can’t control. Meditation, yoga, mindfulness are all practices that help you learn to live in the moment and reduce stress.
- Move it. Exercise of any kind will get your heart pumping and blood flowing which helps circulation and in turn, brightens up your skin. Take a brisk walk. Jump in place for a few minutes. Dance. Do something that moves your body and makes you happy.
- Dry brush from your toes to your nose. Get your hands on a natural sisal brush and use it every morning to help detox and brush away dry skin cells. Small circular motions brushing up toward the heart are recommended.
- Get a Humidifier. Humidifiers are key to keeping skin protected from arid conditions. Put one in your room and sleep with it on particularly if you live in a dry, cold climate.
- Feed your skin. We all know beauty comes from within so nourish your body and your skin will reap the benefits. The basics include filling your plate with whole foods like fruits and veggies, food with natural oils like avocado and nuts, avoid sugar and take a probiotic for gut balance. What’s happening in your gut can usually be seen on your face so keep it clean and balanced and your skin will look the same.
- Love Yourself. When you give yourself grace, feel love and think positively about the present moment, it shows in your face. Living with openness, self-acceptance and gratitude all contribute to a shine that no product or routine is capable of giving you. Shine on, girl.
Essential Oils for Setting the Mood.
Set a positive and relaxing mood for your bath sesh. Essential oils have amazing benefits that can help improve your health and overall well–being.
- Relieve inflammation
- Help you relax for a good night’s rest
- Improve your psychological health
If you have a diffuser, pour a few drops of your favourite essential oil and let yourself seep into a deep relaxation state.
Foaming Baths that Help you Unwind!
Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun. Try pouring some of our soothing Foam Bath liquid into your bath, as the water runs, to make it bubbly and enjoyable. Nothing is better than dipping your entire overworked body into a hot, steaming bubble bath.
If you’re intrigued, try our Lemon Sugar Foam Bath, it’ll help you revive and recenter yourself. Want to be transported to a tropical island? Use our Foam Bath in Pineapple + Maqui Berry + Coconut! Want to turn your bath into a luxurious smoothie? We’ve got our fan favorite Raw Coconut + Mango scent too!
Bath salts to help relieve aching muscles and dry skin.
Now that you’ve added a foaming bath to your sesh, add a handful of bath salts to maximize your R & R time. Bath salts have many benefits…You can use it to exfoliate your body or let it soak into the water, if you have achy muscles, it will relieve that too.
Candles to set the ambience
Instead of using a diffuser, light up a candle. This is going to make your bath session extra calm and make it oh so pretty! It’ll be Instagram worthy & will gain so many likes!
A great book to get lost in.
The last ingredient for the perfect bath is a great book. After a long day at the office, you want to unwind and just get lost in a really fascinating book. Here at the Raw Sugar Living, we love a good romance or action novel that gets us flipping page after page!
Our Raw Sugar Living products are made with plant-based ingredients to give you the ultimate healthy skin care experience. We not only have bath & body products but also have a fantastic selection of hair care, lip care and personal care.
Do you have everything? If not, it’s okay! Head to Target to find all that you need for your next bath sesh.
Whether you’re a hardworking mom or overworked professional, you deserve some me time! We look out for our Sugars, so here are 5 of our favorite ways to unwind and avoid feeling burnt out!
#1 – Set time aside to meditate
Picture this. Full schedule ahead for the week, a plethora of tasks to do and all you can think about is what you’re making for dinner.
Life is full on, but you still have to be present. Take 10 mins out of your day to meditate. If you need a little help, download an app like Headspace or Calm to walk you through a guided meditation. Meditating will help you to collect your thoughts and to recenter yourself.
#2 – Draw a relaxing bath that smells divine
Light an aromatic candle and grab an enticing book because you’re going to spend a good amount of time relaxing.
Try a Foam Bath or soak your body into a relaxing Sea Salt bath! It’s the best way to have a little bit of fun and help you reset.
# 3 – Get active and move your body
If your mind feels tired, don’t overwork it, instead get you body moving. Being active helps release tension and increases our happy hormones, AKA endorphins. Go for a short walk, align yourself with nature and breathe in that fresh, crisp air! Or if you are really feeling, hit the gym!
Either way, it’s important to get and stay active. Get your heart pumping and focus on yourself, because sugar, you are a 10!
#4 – Create a #SelfCareSunday routine
When you feel good, you look good! A personal self-care routine is vital when it comes to alone time. Dedicate a whole afternoon or night to yourself and give yourself some love with a self-care routine every Sunday.
#5 – Put your phone on do not disturb
The sound of silence is sweet, isn’t it? In today’s day and age, we have become so accustomed to our phones and electronics, the idea of unplugging sounds weird!
You won’t miss out on anything. It’s okay to check out for a little and be in your own presence without any devices. If you don’t like the idea of turning your phone off, hit the ‘do not disturb’.
Make your me time extra personal and at ease with Raw Sugar Living
It’s such an exciting time when you find out you’ve got a little one coming soon. Whether it’s your first child or your 3rd, it’s important to understand what ingredients are in your beauty products to keep your baby safe.
We are passionate about living a clean and healthy lifestyle and we want the same for you Sugar moms! Here are 5 top cosmetic and skin care ingredients that you need to avoid throughout your pregnancy!
#1 – Toluene
Toluene is an ingredient that is commonly found in nail polish. This doesn’t mean you can’t get your nails done, it just means you need to be mindful of how harmful these toxins are during your pregnancy. So be sure to look for nail polishes that are toluene, phthalate and formaldehyde free.
#2 – Dihydroxyacetone
Who doesn’t want to look like a bronzed goddess? We all do, but some ingredients in self-tanners especially the spray kind can be really unhealthy when inhaled.
You will find dihydroxyacetone listed as “DHA” on most labels. It’s best to avoid the self-tanner all together and embrace your natural skin colour while pregnant.
#3 – Ammonia
Ammonia is most commonly found in hair dyes & is incredibly harmful to the lungs and can make your skin irritable. Choose an ammonia-free hair dye for touch ups but, it’s best to just steer clear of any hair dyes during your pregnancy.
#4 – Benzoyl Peroxide
You’re growing a beautiful baby inside, so your body is going through hormonal changes. During pregnancy, it’s normal to develop hormonal acne. Benzoyl peroxide is a power acne remedy but it’s way too powerful for the baby and it’s
usually found in over the counter acne treatments. Avoid this and speak to your ob/gyn or dermatologist for the safest and best way of treating your hormonal acne.
#5 – BPA
BPA is an ingredient that is NOT found in any skincare or cosmetics, but it is found in plastic, which you most likely use. BPA can unsettle the endocrine system and potentially lead to serious health issues.
Rest assured, every Raw Sugar Living products have everything you love and nothing you don’t want!
We strive on producing Hair Care, Personal care, Lip care and Bath & Body Care products that are unfiltered and whole! No junk or harmful chemicals are added to our products, so you won’t find any of these harmful ingredients in Raw Sugar products
Always consult with a healthcare professional to determine the type of products that are safe for you during your pregnancy.