We love Eucalyptus — and not just because we associate it with the adorable faces of koala bears and dreams of Australia. Eucalyptus is a purifying, cleansing, clarifying, healing, immune-boosting powerhouse that is used in everything from aromatherapy and naturopathic remedies to our Raw Men Eucalyptus + Cedar Leaf Body Wash.
The scent alone is enough to hook you for life, but check out the host of other skin benefits you get from the combined advantage of having antimicrobial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. All fabulous things when it comes to getting skin that is soothed, protected and younger looking.
- It’s a phenomenal cleanser. It cleans on a deeper level, removing dead skin cells and pulling dirt from pores.
- It’s a natural antiseptic. It can help heal wounds and skin conditions like acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Eucalyptus oil is a powerful antioxidant. It can actually form a protective barrier against pollution, toxins, cigarette smoke, harmful UV Rays and other environmental aggressors.
- It’s an excellent weapon in the fight against aging. The anti-inflammotory and antioxidants properties help soothe skin and defend from photoaging.
- It’s a natural anti-viral. It can help inhibit the development of viruses.
- Boosts collagen. Eucalyptus helps generate new cell growth so it aids in collagen production which creates more elasticity and less sagging and fine lines.