Let’s just skip the intro and get right to the top 10 things you can do to keep your skin vibrant, clear and healthy at any age. Because really, all we want is to love the skin we’re in.
1.Exfoliate. Use a gentle scrub for your skin, and your lips, to slough off dead skin cells that cause dull, flaky skin and clog pores. Products that contain Hyaluronic Acids also help give you that lit from within look.
2. Hydrate. Drink water. Use products that are rich in hydrating essential oils. And drink more water. ; }
3. Moisturize. Have you ever accidentally forgotten to put moisturizer on after a shower? No bueno. Moisturizers that deliver essential oils, fruit extracts and Aloe Vera will heal, protect and hydrate thirsty (aka; parched and wrinkled) skin.
4. Keep it clean. We mean wash up regularly and avoid spreading bacteria by keeping hands especially clean. Make sure you use products that are gentle on your skin and full of nourishing plant-based ingredients.
5. Take a probiotic. What is happening in your gut is going to show up on your skin. Period. End of story. Taking a probiotic will help achieve gut balance which can clear up skin with fast results.
6. Don’t smoke. Smoking is very high on the list of what causes those small, fine wrinkles that are hard to disguise. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow and makes skin paler. It also depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients that are important to skin health and damages collagen and elastin. Put down the smokes and your skin will love you for it.
7. Manage Stress. Stress is not just an inflammation trigger, but it shows up in your skin by way of breakouts, rashes and other problems. Really take a look at ways you can reduce your biggest stressors and the results that show up on your face might be more dramatic than you expect.
8. Avoid sunburns and long sun exposure. Even if you don’t see immediate damage, the UV rays will damage skin on a deep level and show up as wrinkles, brown spots and possibly even cause skin cancer. If you enjoy the sun, take early morning walks or head outdoors in the late afternoon when the sun’s rays aren’t so intense.
9. Avoid sugar. Excess processed sugar in your diet, even in small amounts can cause dark circles, wrinkles, dehydrate skin and can fast track the aging process.
10. Sleep. A good night’s sleep can make you look years younger. Yes, YEARS. It’s transformative for your skin, your mood, energy, weight maintenance and focus. Sleep is literally your best beauty weapon. Dream on!