Science has shown us that everything is made of energy...and it has been said that everything we do, say, think, believe, and eat can affect the vibration of our bodies and the energy we put out into the world.
So, when we are on a quest to elevate our energy, optimize our health and align inside and out—it's only natural to want to understand what we're putting into our body. But did we ever think of the "how" could make a difference, too?
Understanding a food's vibration is fairly intuitive. In general, we are told that the closer a food is to its natural state, the higher its vibration. It stands to reason, that foods gown in nature and light resonate higher with our bodies than food created in a factory. We want to fill our bodies with food that is nourishing and vibrant.
There are three important factors to look at when determining a food’s level of vibration. They are:
1. The source of your food. If your food comes from nature and grows in the sun, it has the "highest vibration". If it’s created in a factory, it has a "lower vibration". Try and buy produce that’s in season from local growers. Raw fruits and veggies also resonate much higher with our bodies than food that has been overly cooked, so eat raw as often as possible, or lightly cooked or blanched if your body is sensitive to raw foods.
2. The quality of your food is key. Buy organic, pesticide free and locally grown. Even non-organic coffee can contain mold and pesticides so buy organic whenever possible and drink clean water. Think about where your food comes from and how it was treated.
3. The intention you hold when you are preparing or eating your food. The practice of giving thanks for our meals runs deeper than what's on the plate—and the lesson is to be mindful when making and eating your food. Thank your food and infuse it with loving thoughts about nourishing your body. Turn eating into an act of love.
Eating fresh food not only nourishes your body, but it helps you feel energized. You may also become more connected to yourself and have more clarity. The following is a quick reference on our journey to eating mindfully present. Remember, no matter what you choose to eat, fill your plate with love and gratitude.
HIGH VIBRATION FOOD EXAMPLES
- All food in its organic state
- Fresh, seasonal, organic, or local fruits and vegetables are best.
- Superfoods such as spirulina, chorella, maca, ashwaganda, moringa, reishi and more...
- Pure or filtered water and water in glass bottles (avoid tap if possible)
- Herbal and organic green teas
- Cooking herbs and spices that are organic and non-GMO
- Healthy oils and fats including olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and ghee
- Nuts, seeds, and sprouts
- Seaweeds and Fungi
- Whole grains such as oat groats, brown rice, amaranth, spelt and millet
- Fermented Foods
- Raw chocolate
- Maple syrup, dates
- Food prepared a variety of ways, including raw food, steamed, blanched, baked, roasted, grilled, dehydrated, and sprouted
LOW VIBRATION FOOD EXAMPLES
- Genetically modified (GMO) food, and conventional food that has been treated with chemicals and pesticides
- Food with natural flavors, added flavors, added coloring, and hydrogenated oils
- Excess sugar and all artificial sweeteners
- Sodas and beverages with sugar, including ‘healthy’ bottled drinks
- Alcohol (wine on occasion if it’s organic, sulfite free and from biodynamic farms)
- Grain fed meats, poultry fed GMO corn and soy and farmed fish
- Processed, packaged, canned and fast foods
- Unhealthy, processed oils such as canola, cottonseed, margarine, and vegetable oils
Deep fried foods and microwaved foods
Disclaimer: Please note that this blog post is not for medical advice and is merely a suggestion. For any medical concerns please contact your health care provider or primary physician.