Your plane is delayed. The two hour drive you planned turned in to 4. And you just realized you forgot the key code to your AirBnB. Welcome to Holiday travel.
So what can you do to stay sane through it all? With a few simple travel hacks, you can take control of what you can and learn to let the rest go for a healthier, happier holiday travel experience.
- Opt for travel alerts. This is a game changer for cancelled or seriously delayed flights.
- If you’re traveling with gifts, don’t wrap them until you get to your location unless you’re going to check them with bags. TSA will likely have a blast opening them all and you don’t want to have to wrap twice.
- Stock up on your travel size, plane-approved self-care products because taking the time to treat yourself well while on the road will enhance your holiday and keep your spirits fresh.
- Pack hand sanitizer. Use it often! Planes, airports and packed public places are full of viruses waiting to find a willing host. Nobody wants to get sick during the holidays so do what you can to protect yourself.
- Stock up on travel snacks. Nobody wants a hangry traveler. Keep some healthy snacks on hand to get you through those blood sugar dips mid-flight or when no food options are available. This is especially important if you’re traveling with kids.
- Keep a folder on your phone with all your travel information including flights, flight numbers, lodging info, e-tickets, and any lists of local attractions or restaurants you want to try. Doing a little pre-planning and having everything in one place will be your saving grace.
- Let go of things you can’t control. Pack your bags knowing there will be some things you simply can’t control. Take deep breaths, send out good travel vibes and know it’s all part of the fun. 🙂