There’s no silver bullet when it comes to reaching our beauty goals, but if there was a cure-all, the closest thing we’d have is Coconut. Everyone from health seekers, life hackers and beauty gurus to self-care proponents rely on Coconut oil or extracts, like our Moisture Smoothie Coconut Conditioner to make hair shiny and vibrant, to make skin softer, to detox the mouth with oil-pulling and brushing teeth as well as its use as a make-up remover, a metabolism booster and a plethora of other uses. The healing power and natural ingredients in Coconut oil are abundant. It’s why we add the power of this pure, superfood into many of our formulas from our Natural Lip Balm to Hand Wash, Body Wash, Body Butter, Shampoo, Scalp Restore products and Hair Masks. It’s an essential ingredient to restoring and balancing hair and skin.
Here are our Top 10 Reasons we Love Coconut in our Products.
- Coconut is an abundant source of lauric acid, an antimicrobial, so it can reduce bacteria on the skin.
- Coconut oil is mainly composed of saturated fats, which are amazing at nourishing your skin’s natural barrier function and can also keep moisture in the skin by slowing down the evaporation.
- It’s full of antioxidants, so it helps with anti-aging, and contains high levels of skin-soothing linoleum and linoleic acid.
- The high vitamin E content of coconut protects skin from harmful UV rays.
- Coconut contains antifungal properties to keep skin healthy, fight against allergies and infections that can be responsible for rashes, dermatitis and thinning hair.
- Coconut is very hydrating and has a great moisturizing effect for dry skin, and stimulates the production of collagen.
- It has a light, fresh, exotic scent that has a soothing, uplifting and relaxing effect.