Turns out, tequila is not the only thing an Agave plant is good for. This razor sharp succulent is really an ancient modality used by the Aztecs. They would use the liquid center of the plant for everything from healing wounds and flavoring their food and drink to a remedy for skin issues. In fact, they believed Agave was a gift from the gods. We think it’s one of the most powerful, natural ingredients we can add to our arsenal of effective, clean, skin-loving products.
Agave is your go-to if you’re looking to refresh and nourish your skin. Keep in mind, it’s good for all skin types, but we use it in our Sensitive Skin formula for its ability to hydrate, calm and soothe irritated skin.
Here are a few more benefits:
- Agave contains natural surfactants — cleaners that help break down dirt and oils.
- Agave is full of vitamins B1, B2, C, D and K, and provitamin A.
- The vitamin C helps brighten skin.
- It helps to keep skin soft and supple.
- Agave is incredibly hydrating. Perfect for dry, irritated skin.