We love it as guac and on avocado toast. We love it for all the healthy fats and yummy creaminess when we eat it, but how can such an ugly fruit (yes, it’s a fruit) make us more beautiful? Here are some of the ways avocados benefit us from the outside in.
- Avocados are full of natural oils that deeply penetrate the skin to nourish, soften and hydrate.
- The hydrating properties in avocado may reduce help boost skin’s immunity against stress and other environmental factors such as pollution.
- They contain a ton of antioxidants such as vitamins E and C that protect cells from free radical damage — one of the best anti-aging helpers.
- Avocados contain lutein and carotenoid that promotes skin elasticity.
- Oleic acid and chlorophyll found in avocados reduced redness and inflammation.
- Vitamins B and E help protect hair from dryness and damage and may even control hair loss and repair scalp damage.
- Vitamin E helps with fine lines and wrinkles.