14 Ways to Show More Self LOVE.
Valentine’s Day is a time to show and express your love. Whether you have a significant other in your life or not, your ability to love others openly and freely starts with loving yourself deeply. We’ve come up with a list of 14 ways to love yourself during the ramp up to Valentine’s Day and beyond.
1. Write yourself a love note. Get a piece of paper and write down all the things you love about yourself. Congratulate yourself for the current wins and even for the future wins to come. List all the things from your laugh to your unruly curls to the way you show up for people in your world. Find every last thing you like about yourself and don’t be shy. When you’re done, hold the letter close to your heart and put it somewhere where you to remind yourself that you are worthy of your own love.
2. Do a heart check, and we don’t mean at the Cardiologist. Inquire within. Close your eyes. Take a deep breath, put your hand on your heart and ask your heart how it is. Be still and listen and feel what comes up. Are there places in your heart you feel a wall, places you feel sadness or grief? Places you feel joy and lightness? Whatever you’re feeling, acknowledge it. Give yourself permission to let go. Imagine light and feel the emotion of love flooding into your heart space. This little 5 minute exercise can center you for a whole day and help you release trapped emotions that you weren’t aware of.
3. Take a bubble bath. Give yourself 30 minutes to light a candle, soak in epsom salts and feel loved and clean. Our body wash with Epsom Salt and Lavender + Lemon Balm is the perfect way to do so. Even better, make it a daily or bi-weekly ritual. It’s called Me-Time.
4. Clean out your bathroom shelves and indulge in a basket of new self care products. Sorry, not sorry, but is there anything better than diving into a rich creamy jar of new Body Butter?
5. Pick a neighborhood or city near you that you’ve always wanted to visit and go. Block out a day on your calendar and take a one night mini vacation or a day trip to get to know a new place. Being in new places always helps bring new perspectives.
6. Enroll in a webinar on relationship advice. If you are or aren’t in a relationship right now, getting some professional perspective may help you see things that are difficult to understand on your own. If you don’t have time, follow a few relationship experts on social media that you relate to. Little bits of information and insights can lead to transformation.
7. Get dressed up and do a mini photo shoot with a friend. Update your profile pic. Breathe new energy into your feed.
8. Read the book The Four Agreements and practice them. The Four Agreements is a book by Don Miguel Ruiz These four agreements he talks about are: Be impeccable with your word. Don’t take things personally. Don’t make assumptions. Always do your best. Following these simple practices can help be your north star when life gets confusing.
9. Be still. You might call this meditation, but we’re just really talking about unplugging, centering yourself and taking time to listen to your body, and your inner voice.
10. Practice 2-1 breathing. The most simple thing you can do for yourself to calm anxiety and contribute to your wellness practice is to engage in 2-1 breathing a couple times a day. It simply means you exhale twice as long as your inhale. It calms your fight or flight and signals to your body that you are safe.
11. Take yourself to dinner. Order a glass of champagne. Put your phone away while you eat and enjoy the experience of taking yourself to your favorite spot and ordering your favorite meal. Include desert. You deserve it.
12. Unfollow anyone on your social feed that does not inspire you, lift you up or teach you something. Life’s too short to give power to others who make you feel bad. Delete. Unfollow. Block. Be ruthless in your choices.
13. Declutter your space. There’s no better way to love yourself than to clear out what no longer serves you. Create a serene, uncluttered and organized and beautiful space for yourself.
14. Ask yourself, if you what you wanted came knocking at your door right now, would you be ready? If the answer is no, write down why and then begin to address those things in your life. It may reveal a few hidden beliefs that could be holding you back.