There is ample research indicating a link between poor scalp health and hair growth, porous cuticles, strand roughness, shine reduction, breakage and even premature hair loss. If you want to enter the holiday season shining with a lush head of hair, the time to care for your scalp is now. So what does that mean? It means it's time to load up on our newly formulated Scalp Care collection immediately.
Scalp skin is more delicate, and it has a higher number of sebaceous glands, sweat glands, hair follicles and a lower barrier function compared to the skin on the rest of the body. The scalp has its own microbiome which is why it's important to craft a scalp care regime as good as the skincare routine you have for your face. This also means removing build up, cleansing, rebalancing and moisturizing your scalp regularly.
Key Tips To Better Scalp Health:
- Remove build up and impurities by using our Scalp Scrub Micro Polish 2 to 3 times a week. It gently exfoliates pores and promotes healthy circulation with curated ingredients like Eucalyptus, Micellar Water and Aloe to clean and nourish your scalp at the root.
- Use our specially formulated Scalp Restore shampoo and conditioner that is formulated to balance, support, cleanse and rehydrate a dry scalp with ingredients that are non-inflammatory and don't cause irritation. Our new formula now has niacinamide that has been shown to strengthen the skin's barrier, improve moisture retention and reduce inflammation. When applied to the scalp, niacinamide can help prevent dryness and irritation, which are common issues especially during colder weather.
- Avoid sulfates. Don't settle with what you find in hotels or AirBnBs while traveling. Sulfates dry and strip away natural oils in your hair which can ultimately wreak havoc on your hair and make the scalp dry and more prone to irritation.
- Massage your hair while you apply your shampoo to boost circulation.
- Double cleanse if needed. If you sweat a lot or use a lot of additional product on your hair, you may need to double cleanse in order to fully remove dirt and build up.
- Add our Pure Scalp Therapy Scalp & Hair Masque to purify and rebalance once a week. For deeper conditioning, balance and purification, this treatment takes just 5-10 minutes and will help keep your scalp nourished so that the chances of it flaking out on you are lower.