Improve your health and the health of our planet.
If you’re not ready to join the vegetarian movement, consider cutting meat from your diet just one day a week. Going meatless on Mondays will put you in the company of millions of people in over 40 countries that have committed to using Meatless Mondays as a tool to gain personal health benefits and improve the health of our planet. This one small step can have a big impact on reducing your risk of chronic disease and reducing your global footprint.
There are countless reasons why you should consider foregoing meat for at least one day a week. They include everything from reducing your risk of type 2 diabetes, losing weight, giving your gut a break and improving heart health to saving animals, reducing greenhouse gases and reducing water consumption and conserving precious environmental resources.
Consider these facts that impact our planet:
- It takes 1,850 gallons of water to produce one single pound of beef, compared to 39 gallons of water to produce a pound of vegetables.
- Livestock production creates more greenhouse gases than all the cars, trucks, planes and trains in the world.
- Producing one quarter pound beef burger uses up enough energy to power an iPhone for 6 months and uses 425 gallons of water.
- Livestock production uses 75% of the earth’s agricultural land.
- When you commit to Meatless Mondays, you can directly save 28 land animals and 175 aquatic animals per year.
If those facts resonate with you and you’d like to join the Meatless Monday movement, there are unlimited online resources for great vegetarian dishes. ForksOverKnives.com and MeatlessMonday.com are great places to start! Consuming less meat means more love for yourself and our planet. Happy eating!